Here you can access tools and resources to help you with those core day to day operations.
HR & People Management
- Service recipes for charities: Practical guides to help charities reuse and learn from one another’s services
- Acas - Working for everyone: Acas gives employees and employers free, impartial advice on workplace rights, rules and best practice. They also offer training and help to resolve disputes
- Coronavirus HR Communications & Resources Guide: This is a crowdsourced collection of resources for HR and business leaders to help inform and support Coronavirus response plans. Here you’ll find a curated collection of public Coronavirus response communications, templates, news, remote work, hiring impact, and resources
- The Nonprofit Survival Guide: A free guide for how to lead, plan, and survive the pandemic as a nonprofit
- Innovation in Democracy Programme toolkit: The government has published a suite of resources for local authorities and others who are interested in new forms of citizen participation and practical use of deliberative democracy.
Marketing, Communications & Events
- Charity Digital: The best online fundraising platforms for charities
- Charity Digital: Guidance on coronavirus comms for charities, from how to write about it and what to share with your stakeholders.
- Charity Fundraising: Access the How to guide on developing and promoting virtual fundraising events. You can also book a free fundraising consultation.
- Eventbrite: Resources for Event Organisers
- Blackbaud: Event and Fundraising Resources
Finance, Legal & Admin
- Charity Excellence Framework
- British Business Bank - Business Finance Guide: The Business Finance Guide shares links to relevant business guidance and support from HM Government in relation to COVID-19.
- Charity Finance Guide: A practical guide for charity finance professionals, which will be updated with new information and advice as the crisis unfolds can be found here.
- Charity Tax Group: Coronavirus information hub for charity tax and finance professionals here
- Charities SORP Committee: Implication of Covid-19 control measures and charity finance reporting guidance here
- New Procurement Guidance in response to Covid-19: NCVO's guidance on the implications for charities can be found here
- Bates Wells - Coronavirus and your organisation: Answers to some of your key legal questions here
- Stone King: Coronavirus legal advice & FAQs for Charities and Social Enterprises here
- Financial Conduct Authority - Avoid coronavirus scams: Find out about potential coronavirus (Covid-19) scams, how they could affect you, and how to protect yourself here
- Ashton McGill - Cashflow Planner: Ashton McGill have created a google sheet for small business owners to model their cashflow over the next few weeks & months. You can download a copy here
Risk & Contingency Planning
- Mind Tools have created a 10 minute read covering the key elements of contingency planning. It included a simple step by step guide on how to deal with both minor and significant business disruptions and some useful frameworks
- Risk Management made simple: Access the Small Charities Coalition Members Area to for resources, including their guide on risk management made simple
- The Charity Commission: Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance for the charity sector can be found here
Pro bono support & free tools
- Our Community Enterprise CIC Support Consultations: The team are offering free consultancy, half-price strategy workshops and business planning to help organisations during the crisis - find out more here
- The Social Investment Consultancy: are offering pro bono consultations - find out more and apply here
- The Hatch Skilled Volunteer Programme: matching Skilled volunteers with entrepreneurs. Find out more here
- Cranfield Trust: Free management support for charities covering a range of topics. Find out more here
- Charity Fundraising: Free fundraising consultation for UK Charities affected by Coronavirus. Find out more here
- London Growth Hub: Access free one to one support for businesses and employers here
- Scale-up Institute: Created a resource hub featuring a range of Government, Local and Private Sector resources to help scaling social enterprises navigate what is currently available for businesses across the country. Access the hub here
- The Fore: The Fore enables UK-based small charities and social enterprises to unlock sustainability, efficiency, scale and impact. Find out more here
- Inspiring Impact: Free resources and tools to help you with impact management. Find out more here
- Digital Candle: Offering free one hour digital advice for charities. Find out more here
- Google: Tools and resources for navigating these challenging times. Find out more here
- Technation info hub: Tech support & updates. Find out more here.
- Tech London Advocates: Access their resource hub including the directory of advocates, surgeries & advice. Find out more here.
- Tech UK: Covid-19 Resource Hub. Find out more here.